Wednesday 7 June 2023

Graduation ceremony with students - Class of 2022...

 

Today was another busy day with the Graduation ceremony of my students from the Tikanga level 4 class or 2022. It was so nice to see them although only a few who were able to make it and it was a privilege to be their kaiako or teacher.

This is probably one of the best times that I enjoy about being a classroom teacher, albeit with adults, is the graduation ceremony having completed all that hard work and receiving qualifications for them for the future.

Here is a pic with three of my tauira or students from last year and it was so neat to know that they have continued on their own learning paths and hopefully will continue into the future.

It was also neat to witness some of my former students who had started in my level 4 class and then went on to finish degrees and graduate diplomas as well. It's such a privilege to have played a small part in their journeys as well.

Wearing the gowns is quite important too as Te Wananga o Aotearoa (the Maori tertiary provider) that I work for chose to have gowns with sashes that make their gowns stand out from mainstream graduation gowns.

By the time I went to take the picture, I had already taken off my gown and hoods i.e. a light pink hood from my Master of Arts degree with Auckland University (off the right shoulder) and a Fushia pink for my Master's degree in Creative writing with the faculty of Culture and languages at Auckland University of Technology (worn off the left.


No comments:

Post a Comment