Wednesday 28 February 2024

Uni City studies begin...

 

This week is another busy week with so much happening but got to drive my middle child to her first official day at AUT Auckland University of Technology in the start of her Uni studies. 

She took a gap year off last year to take a break and then has jumped in, boots and all, to start her study Uni journey. It's something that my parents passed on to me about the importance of education but also being mindful of the importance our cultural heritage.

So happy for her as there's a lot of opportunities and much learning to be had at Uni. It reminded me of my Uni days that I really enjoyed in the independence of working towards a goal in mind and then achieving it with lots of doors that opened for me.

Now it's back to bussing or driving into the city most days for my family. In fact, all three of my children are studying in town which will make for an eventful year for all of them. As for me, I'm still working close to home and studying extra-murally as to keep the home fires burning.

I'm always on the lookout for my children and for our mum with my younger sister. Am also keeping up with our home in Samoa and ensuring that our guardianship of the land and second home is secure, as promised to my late father...


No comments:

Post a Comment