Sunday 6 December 2015

Static display at Mangere Arts centre and encouraging the next generation ...


Thanks Alyce for the pic at Mangere Arts Centre 5 Dec 2015

Yesterday I had the privilege of having a static display of my 5 newly released books at the Mangere Arts Centre thanks to Anna the arts exhibitions manager. It was also neat in that it was Andy Leleisiuao's exhibition opening and to meet with his family and friends some of whom I'd known for many years from PIC Mangere and in the arts circles of whom had come to support his opening.

It also gave me a chance to meet with some old friends and acquaintances and to share the new pathway in my arts journey. I feel like I've come full circle and am realising the dream that I had wanted to pursue in high school in wanting to work in an art space but even better now to write books combine my love for art and share that dream with many others.

It was also a privilege to meet with a young man who also has a dream and I hope that in my work, I can continue to support and encourage many young and talented Pasifika individuals to pursue those dreams and to take the path towards making those dreams a reality. I shared with him that our life's journey informs our stories (both the positive and the negative) and that no one else can tell those stories except who the gift has been given to.

I've personally learnt that although it almost didn't seem that it would ever happen that in actual case it was in God's perfect timing to happen in 2015 because now I feel there's a definite richness, a certain depth and textures to what I have to share than 5 or even 10 years ago with my first poetry collection being launched early next year. 

To God be the praise and the glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment