Wednesday 2 December 2015

"Tagaloalagi & Fue" book launch in Apia...

It was such a blessing to have our 5th book launch for "Tagaloalagi and Fue" last week at a family restaurant in Apia, Samoa with my parents and some friends and family.

It also happened to coincide with my birthday (a last minute plan) as we tried to fit in so many things in one week.

The story itself was one that my father told me in the 1980s that he had been told as a young boy. It reminded me of the fact that there are no migration myths for Samoa and that Samoa people were believed to have originated from Samoa unlike other nations.

This definitely was one of the most productive trips to Samoa in learning so much but also in making contact with different people. Am looking forward to more writing and painting happening during the holidays as a result with Hawaii only a couple of weeks away.

One unforgettable trip...



No comments:

Post a Comment