Monday 7 December 2015

Watching "Mockingjay part 2" at St Lukes ...

It's interesting when a book comes out into a movie how different it is to what was pictured in the minds eye. Because of my eldest's interest in the books/movies, I got to read through the triology and also view (in my mind's eye) the book at the beginning of the year and then was able to watch the last part of the franchised movie on big screen with my eldest and younger sister.

It was especially interesting because in my flurry of internet booking the movie I mistakenly didn't check the movie theatre thinking that it was our usual closest movie theatre which happens to be Manukau but when I checked the ticket it was actually at St Lukes which is about the same distance/time by motorway but I totally different clientele.

So a more younger palagi audience with people sitting all over when the seats were prebooked so it was interesting to see that sometimes people would move rather than confront those sitting in their prepaid seats. I wouldn't have minded making a scene but others quite happily  moved. And even had to tell one to take her feet off my eldest's chair top before she sat down as that was where we were going to sit. She knew I was going to make a scene so she removed her feet.

The movie itself was good in that it followed the book closely and although I already knew the ending and various parts of the book, it still didn't fail to comply and I felt satisfied upon walking out of the movie that it had played out well. Now to wait until another interesting book/movie finds it's way onto my bookshelf...




No comments:

Post a Comment