Saturday 23 April 2016

Jungle book - family night at the movies...

When I asked my children to decide on a movie to watch as a family movie night out "Jungle book" was chosen by the eldest as a good "family" movie to watch which would cater for our family's interests of: a 5 year old, tween, teen, twenties and mature adults. So after watching the movie trailer, which I was directed to by our eldest, we decided to watch it - 3D (might I add) and we were in for a pleasant surprise.

I must confess that I don't remember reading Rudyard Kipling's original book (or I might have when I was very young but can't recall)  anyway, the 3D effects just added to the believeability (my own word) of the movie and with the inclusion of the different characters I remember in the various versions over the years, it was pretty neat to watch. Although I must say that the songs didn't quite fit for me as with the animated version i.e."The bear necessities".

The main character of Mogli was well acted and the story line had a different emphasis but on the whole it was a neat night out for a party of 6 and enjoyable for all...


No comments:

Post a Comment