Tuesday 19 April 2016

thankyou.co...

Image result for thankyou.co Last night I joined up with LIFE Business, a business network arm of our church to begin to allow my niche publishing business to fly and there I heard the inspirational guest speaker and founder of "thankyou" Daniel Flynn, talk about his journey to start off his business with ups and downs and totally unconventional to where he is now launching into NZ as originally in Australia.

His discussion was so inspirational in that his business idea came from a heart of wanting to help children to have clean water in developing countries with the idea that if he was able to sell bottled water with the idea that 100% of the profits would go to funding projects that would help those countries. It was an amazing concept that many caught the vision of and now he has extended it to NZ in now selling not only water but branching into baby products, health foods, skin range etc.

His big message was to find out what your purpose is and it then it becomes the driving force behind why you do what you do, despite the roller coaster ride as it can help to get you to where you want to go in the hard times. This was just what I needed to hear as this will be the third business that I've been a part of and am trusting that this will begin to take off from 2017.

I remember at school that the big message for us was to get qualifications to get a job. I totally disagree with this, nowadays, in being aware of what I know today. I now believe that building great businesses that are in partnership with churches are the key to strengthening families, communities and nations and this particularly for Pasifika communities.

For me, I knew that I wanted to write starting in high school and even when I didn't receive the creative writing cup (although my sister did in Senior high school) it didn't stop me from writing my thoughts down in diary form, letters, filling in forms, sitting exams etc. I just loved to write whether by hand or now via computer/laptop etc.

Over the years, that idea strengthened and it took me to studying English literature papers as a double major with Geography in my Bachelor's degree at the University of Auckland, then taking a Creative writing paper as a extra Certificate course with Albert Wendt, then writing plays for church youth at Easter and Christmas, which later became an easy transition into writing plays for High schools where I now have 6 self published titles with 4 more plays to go from my earlier works.

I've started having big companies contact me to not only order books but also to promote them but I've been trying to contain everything whilst getting the funds sorted but after hearing tonight's speaker, it's more about stepping out in faith and letting God do His part. So I'm now even more excited about what the future holds...


No comments:

Post a Comment