Friday 1 July 2016

MIT (Manukau Institute of Business) new campus visit with exhibition space...

Yesterday, I was able to visit MIT (Manukau Institute of Technology) to enrol a prospective student into the new course I hope to be teaching next semester but to also catch up with a colleague of whom I used to go to Auckland Uni with in the department of Geography. That was back in my undergraduate days and it was good to catch up on some of the past students and what they were doing today as well as our old lecturers (most whose names I couldn't remember!)

It was also neat look around the new school of Business on MIT's extended campus out close to Manukau shopping complex and to learn about how many Pacific and Maori students are taking up Business degrees as a career for their future as business would seem to be the way to go with very little money in NZ within the manufacturing industry, like days gone by.

Am hoping to be able to, sometime in the future, link my small publishing business to this school of business as a way to giving students there an internship and some work experience but also for my small fledgling business to one day become global (big pipe dream) in sharing resources globally for any Pacific nation to access.

It was also neat to view their small ground floor exhibition space with a visual story about Manukau and the various icons over the years, from gumboots, to Paris Global and her Nike boots, a rugby jersey of the late Jonah Lomu and much, much more to see. I hope that if the exhibition is still up, that I can take my class to have a look around and to see that there are many things to visit in researching various topics.

All in all, a neat field trip for me and hoping to see many successful businesses home grown in Manukau city in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment