Monday 11 July 2016

What would you do?...

Image result for what would you do? Today after going for a quick stop to the local shopping centre for a quick (food) pick up for morning tea, I turned around to take my shopping out the door when I witnessed a scuffle between two young men (probably in their twenties) turn into an all out punch up. I quickly turned back and asked in the shop for where the Security patrol were, as I'd left my mobile phone in the car, and then ran to find them not 100 metres away. They were oblivious to the fight and quickly followed me to where the two were.

By the time we found them, the two were now exchanging verbal abuse at each other and both walking in opposite directions. I'm sure Security probably didn't get involved as now, it was after the fact, and one was an older/mature man and a woman. I then decided to return to my car as the fight was over and Security could now take over.

I think what disturbed me was that there were a lot of people who witnessed the incident but didn't get involved because of the level of violence between two men but also because they didn't want anything to happen to their personal safety. I understand that and my own personal safety was prevalent in the decision that I made to get Security but it worries me if people will just stand and watch a violent scene and not doing anything about it.

I hope that that will never happen to any of my close family to friends to just have members of the public watching and not getting help or running for some assistance when violence is occurring in front of them - no matter whose fault it is. I think in my life, I've purposed to do something about it, so that I may not be able to stop a fight but to purpose to do something about it and as I just won't stand there and watch! What would you do?...

No comments:

Post a Comment