Thursday 3 November 2016

50th Celebration Robertson Road School...2nd Dec...

Robertson Road school 50th Golden Jubilee celebrations on 2 Dec 2016
Wow! hard to believe how fast time has passed by with the 50th Golden Jubilee of my Primary school, Robertson Road school, now coming into fruition. The dates that I attended the school was between 1970 - 1976 and then I matriculated (as they used to say) to Mangere Intermediate for the following two years and then completed my high school education at Nga Tapuwae College now known as Southern Cross campus.

The date for the formal Ball is on 28th Nov (Tuesday night) at the Holiday Inn for $75 from 7pm - 12 midnight with special prizes etc. and the Friday 2nd of Dec is set for a big Gala day from 3 - 7pm. I'm hoping to have an announcement for that day but just confirming and then will be able to discuss details.

I remember having some neat teachers at the school and my mum even bought the photos of all the years that I was at school there. Starting with black and white photos and then graduating to colour photos (yes, I was around at that time :)

Primer 1: Miss Race (Real strict, and I was very careful not to get in trouble with her)
Primer 4: Miss Brookbanks (A neat teacher who didn't finish the year but I liked her nice manner)
Standard 1: Miss Mitchell (Scottish - did some amazing art projects with her i.e. string art)
Standard 2: Miss Sharkey (Very strict and gave me talks about my behaviour - to be good)
Standard 3: Miss ? Really liked this teacher and went to say goodbye to her when she left the school
Standard 4: Mr Meikan (Maori - lots of singing and worked hard but very strict and with a neat sense of humour).

Looking forward to this event as the school was foundational in assisting me to have a great start to what has become a career in education as well as now writing and painting etc. I remember having some neat art classes that really nurtured my interest in art from a very young age and still continuing it today with the books. Looking forward to more details to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment