Monday 21 November 2016

Goals 2017...

I know, you're thinking it's way too early to be even thinking about 2017 in that you haven't done your Christmas shopping or thanksgiving planning, the Christmas parties to attend the children's end of school prize-givings etc. that's the same as for me but at church yesterday Pastor Campbell talked about having 20-20 vision when it comes to goal planning now for the new year and it's something that I've done over the years too.

He spoke about having 6 areas not only for your own personal goals but also for incorporating family goals and it's something that my family will be discussing as we look forward to going on holiday in the next few days. The goals he suggested were in the area of:

  1. Spiritual
  2. Family
  3. Relational
  4. Vocational
  5. Financial
  6. Personal
I do the same with my books in that I've already started planning for and can confirm at least 2 books of 5 for the coming year, Lord willing, and I'd like to start a new series of a Samoan historical picture book series that ties into personal stories to tie Samoan historical events into current understandings. 

There are so many legacy stories that I'd like to share with the next generations as when I was growing up most of my formal education was through a European lens but in doing my own research from a NZ Samoan perspective, I was able to learn to use various tools of learning and teaching to grow understandings of collecting important stories to pass on for upcoming youth including my own children.

This is quite exciting and looking forward to the family vacation and forward planning with the Christmas holidays and having a rest over the break although I have still quite a bit of study to catch up on my doctoral studies - Roll on Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment