Friday 4 November 2016

Art work for cover of "Sacred steps of Tigilau"...

This pic is the new painting for the upcoming book launch of our last book offering for the year, for the play "Sacred steps of Tigilau". The carving was carved by my middle child as a part of her technology project at school and I loved it on the spot and asked for her permission to incorporate it into my artwork for the cover of the book.

In some cultures and areas in New Zealand girls/women are not accepted to learn carving but there is a growing interest in carving for woman that at Te Wananga o Aotearoa where I work, they have allowed women to learn carving too.

The other amazing opportunity is that with the 50th Golden Jubilee of my primary school, Robertson Road School, they've accepted for me to launch our book on the Gala Day on the 2nd of December between 6 - 7 pm which is a real honour.

It was a neat school that set me on a good stead for the rest of my academic journey and now I feel that I am able to give back to the school by launching and advertising my connection with the school and where it has taken me to now. I also hope to encourage and enthuse current students to also reach for their goals and to go as far as they are able to in their studies at school.

Also looking forward to tomorrow with the NZ Book Festival day and with so much going on, I really thank God for these great opportunities!...




No comments:

Post a Comment