Thursday 31 October 2019

Happy 100th birthday to my grandma Asia in Heaven...

Hundred, One Hundred Today would have been the 100th birthday of my grandma Maria Mareta Asia Su'a and thinking about doing something special to mark this day. She went to be with her Lord soon after her 98th birthday but so glad that I had the privilege of having her as my grandma.

I'm still working on her memoirs as I have so much gong on at the moment but it's one of those priorities that I hope to make some time during the holidays to really get it moving as I had hoped to get it ready for today but sometimes things don't quite go the way you plan it.

Still, there are many life lessons that I learned from her (in past blogs) in not letting her age or being fearful of people and places, or any disabilities etc. define her. She was a very strong woman and in living till 98 she demonstrated how faith in God and living in prayer helped her to bless others.

I'll always be thankful for how she demonstrated love in being generous and giving things away, her determination and tenacity in her faith through prayer and fasting as well as enjoying the simple blessings that God gave her through the blessing of her descendants and our little ones. Happy 100th birthday Grandma...


No comments:

Post a Comment