Friday 31 July 2020

Fale o Samoa (Samoa House) Consulate...

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go with my father to apply for my Samoan citizen stamp on my NZ passport that allows me to have unrestricted rights to enter and remain in Samoa whilst my Citizenship remains valid.

This was neat to be able to complete it although it did set me back some $160 and for my dad it was renewing his for $110 on his new NZ passport. 

This was all done at the Fale Samoa (Samoa House) also known as the Consulate Office in Mangere, Auckland not so far from where I live and work.

If you've heard the story about a group of people who prayed for rain but only one person brought along their umbrella, it's the same for me in being prayerful and hopeful for the Pacific borders to one day open soon and then we will be able to visit Samoa.

It is concerning though to see that Australia is currently going through a second wave of COVID-19 infections and especially that community transmission puts so many people at risk. I'm very grateful that we are presently ok in NZ and although hopeful for visiting Samoa soon, it's also about ensure that we're keeping ourselves safe in the interim...

No comments:

Post a Comment