Monday 20 July 2020

Local driving range family outing ...

Driving range family outing
One of the interesting sports that our eldest has been enjoying with her friends has been going to the local driving range and learning to hit a golf ball with a golf club as far as you can.

As a result, my beloved decided to have a family outing, during the weekend, to the driving range to 'show how it's done'.

Fortunately for me, my hand/eye coordination is pretty good so that it wasn't too long until I got the hang of it and was able to hit the golf ball after a couple of misses.

What was interesting about going there was that there were lots of people at the driving range and it was busy with many awaiting their turns in teams, families with members of all ages, teens, dates, a good mix of people etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would like to go again sometime when I'm not so busy doing important things that don't require physical exertion. I'd also highly recommend it to any who like to take time out to wack a ball out into the stratosphere (if you can hit it that far).

Suffice to say that it was an enjoyable family experience that I hadn't been on for a long time although it's only a 5-10 minute drive away from our house. The buckets are of around 100 balls for $14 and a driver for $3.

Next time, I'll take the right shoes :) ...


No comments:

Post a Comment