Sunday 19 July 2020

"Red shoes" movie review...

Yesterday, was the first time that my family and I had visited a movie theatre since the lockdown of COVID-19. We went to watch the family movie "Red Shoes" as it was the only movie playing during the time slot that we had available to watch it.

It's an interesting story as it reminded me of Shrek movies with discussions around the themes of conventional beauty versus inner beauty and the issues that the characters had regarding them. I don't know that it successfully resolved the issues but it did make me wonder about what would happen to the two main characters.

All in all, it was entertaining, although the protagonist or the witch character's appearance reminded me of the mother of the main character of the Disney movie "Tangled" and the seven dwarves reminded of the Snow White fairy tale.

And don't forget to wait until after the credits have rolled as the storyline continues after people have walked out of the theatre. Now that was funny because I remember thinking that the film hadn't resolved the problem for the other 6 dwarf characters.

I can't say that I would highly recommend it, storyline-wise, but it was interesting to watch and the animation was pretty good. Just not sure that it resolved Red Shoe's issues although it did solve Merlin's issues. Something to consider watching if nothing else to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment