Sunday 30 August 2020

Showing appreciation to Doctors and Nurses...

Yesterday, spent a good part of the morning looking for flowers and bouquets which was very difficult to find under alert level 3 with most florists closed and those stores who were open weren't stocking any live flowers or plants at all.

These were due to some instructions that I'd been given by my dad to pick up some flowers as a token of his appreciate to the nurses and doctors who had kindly looked after him whilst he was in hospital for a short operation.

He was discharged yesterday and now taking it easy at home with some R and R. Anyway, my lil' sister and I ended up making up a bouquet ourselves and picking up some live plants and a 'Favourites' chocolate tin.

As under level 3 there is only one nominated visitor per patient, my sister was the one who was able to share my dad's thanks as well as ours as a family for the loving and caring support of our father during his time away at the hospital. 

 My sister said that they were so happy that they even ripped into the chocolate tin and had a ball choosing their 'Favourite'. This was a beautiful gesture on behalf of my father as I know that many nurses often work long and late hours away from their families and this is something that I want to do if ever I go to the hospital.

May God bless them in the good works that they do for others and may many more show their appreciation for the blessings and support that they are for many...

No comments:

Post a Comment