Sunday 5 September 2021

Happy Fathers Day in lockdown level 4...

A very big HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the neat Father's out there on this special day that celebrates those special dad's out there who give tirelessly to their families.

This also includes single mum's and grand mum's who can often stand in the gap if dad's aren't around for some reason.

I'm especially grateful for my dad and I'm locked down with our youngest at my parents' place this time round, it was neat to be able to share this special day with him.

We started with a cooked breakfast and then started on the lunch meal as our main meal of the day with fresh salad and freshly squeezed oranges/lemons for lemonade. Followed by dessert for later on and supper. We decided on the menu during the week with my sister and then the rest was easy to follow.

So grateful to God for my extra-ordinary dad who over the years has really mellowed from walking with God and having grand children. He pioneered building church foundations and a community and extended family leader (matai with three village titles) who helped to build a firm foundation for our local church and also one in Samoa. He is dedicated, a man of integrity, well disciplined and a leader role model whom I've learnt a lot from over the years.

I'd even go as far as to say that I have learnt a lot from his leadership style and much of how he worked within our church and within our family as servant leader, I now model his ideals in my leadership style as well. I've learnt from him about being decisive, walking the talk and being active in leading, questioning when needed and not being afraid to confront if need be. 

I also learnt about working through consensus, being humble and having humility despite what my educational background might otherwise say. Not being arrogant or being people pleasing as you definitely cannot please everyone in decisions that have to be made and so much more.

A big THANKS to my dad who is my hero and role model and an even bigger thanks to my God who knew that I needed someone like him in my life of whom I could look up to and follow in his footsteps.  Although, I don't follow in his footsteps with his love of watching the All Blacks (over the decades) and today which is another story...




No comments:

Post a Comment