Thursday 23 September 2021

Virtual walk around London and certificate/medal...

 

Since Monday, I've started a fitness regime which has been neat in competing in a 3 x Virtual Adventure challenge of walking/dancing 21 km's around London, Machu Pichu and then another.

My personal goal is to try and log on 10km per day through walking or dancing with the Pacer App. It's been fun so far as I've been able to dance my way through using YouTube videos of "Just Dance".

Plus I have the bonus of my youngest and younger sister joining in with the TV dancing as well. The neat thing is being able to complete the virtual walk etc. tours and then receiving a virtual certificate as well as a medal (if you register etc.)

So as with the certificate, I was able to complete the London leg of 21 kms and smashed it out in three days and now starting on the Machu Picchu one.

What's neat about these virtual tours is that it has land markings and tells about the history of landmarks and also some interesting facts that I would have been none the wiser. It only makes me want to go faster to learn more but don't want to overdo it and then sustain an injury.

So far, so good. Also neat to track my activity with a pedometer that then converts it to the kilometres that shows a virtual track around start to finish. Definitely a highly recommended activity if you're interesting in getting your fitness back up to speed and also with some rewards to boot...

No comments:

Post a Comment