Thursday 21 October 2021

Pacer medals for first virtual challenges...

Last week, I received my starter pack with the first medals for the virtual challenges that I started last month. 

Starting with the London leg at 21 kms, followed by the Inca Trail at Machu Picchu for 33 kms and the final challenge of that pack was the Grand Canyon trail at 36 kms.

The medals are a wonderful artistic collection and I'm enjoying it so much that I've decided to keep going and have since finished other challenges.

It does mean get up and off the couch to do my minimum 5000 steps a day but then good days when I'm feeling energetic it's 10,000 steps and yesterday I was able to complete 15,000 steps. The neat thing is that I like to dance my way through by putting on loud music and then just going for it.

We also have an online presence in each of the challenges and there are people all over the world checking in and encouraging each other online and if you're really into Social media there's also a web page that many go on to share about their journeys and encouraging others.

I think the other thing that's neat is that because we're unable to travel outside of our country i.e. NZ's borders are closed due to the pandemic, this eases that situation by being able to virtually visit other countries virtually walk the different tracks or trails (which is good for the heart and the soul) and then receive a medal at the end.

So although I haven't physically been to the countries it's definitely something I look forward to being able to do in the near future when this pandemic is under control or even wiped out! This is definitely an activity that I would highly recommend to all...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment