Sunday 24 October 2021

Playing online Scrabble during Lockdown...

Now we are in day 68 of Auckland's lock down (currently in Alert level 3.1) and apart from doing my usual routine of looking after family/s, work, writing and dancing around with trivial pursuits, I also decided to log online into one of my favourite past time board games of Scrabble.

I found an official game and started playing a few weeks ago only to find that there were so many games involved in the one website and after trying out a few decided to stick to the one I know best.

The pic on the right shows me challenging someone called 'Dracula' as its coming to Halloween on 31st October. It was supposed to be a challenge of 5 games with 4 of which I won but Dracula kept adding to the challenge so I finally decided to end it at winning 9 of 10 games.

The special challenges are usually for frames around the 'avatar' or pic that you decide to have to represent you. I decided to use one of my artworks for my profile and have been playing people all over the world ever since. It's quite neat because I found it quite relaxing and when I get tired of it I just leave it and come back later or sometimes I go quick fire to finish a game in one setting.

I'd highly recommend this game for those of you who enjoy playing Scrabble (for free online). You just need to register yourself and then go for gold. Can't help that I was once an English teacher and so I try to challenge myself by not thinking about it too much and trying and finish my time as soon as possible.

 So why not give it a try as you never know as you might even win...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment