Thursday 16 November 2023

Birthday celebration at Valentines Restaurant...

Today, I shouted out my mom and eldest daughters to a birthday lunch for my Brisbane cousin's daughter and her grandmother who are currently visiting Auckland. (The youngest was at Rainbow's End with her senior class as a school trip otherwise I would have brought her along too).

It was such a neat time to be with my God-daughter and her son as she's been working really hard, alongside a cold, to finish her academic course and get ready to join the Masters degree study next year.

It's been a real honour to be able to support some of my students to enter into the Masters degree in Applied Indigenous Knowledge at my workplace, as I know that it makes such a difference in the doors that it can open and the places that they can influence regarding their indigenous knowledge.

The actual birthday lunch party consisted of 8 of us and we had a great time sampling the mains and desserts as well as sharing updates and plans for the upcoming holidays. Was also able to give the birthday girl a gift basket and a Cheese Cake shop birthday cake just for the occasion.

Wow! roll on Christmas, the festivities are already beginning and looking forward to what Christmas has to offer in remember the reason for the season. With our trip to Melbourne just around the corner next week...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment