Wednesday 29 November 2023

Helicopter ride in Melbourne...

 

It's been a busy 7 days in Melbourne, Australia with my family. It was a kind of break and catching up with family as in my youngest brother and his family living in Melbourne.

I got to spend my birthday there with my mum and children and had a great time. I even got to go on a Helicopter ride with my middle child which was pretty special too.

My mum and youngest were staying with my brothers family but as there were 6 of us travelling, the rest of us stayed at Phillip Island resort which is a 2-3 hour ride from the airport depending on traffic.

We really enjoyed our trip and even got time to go on walks and check out some of the wildlife (although used to humans) walking around the resort. I got to see a wallaby and some interesting endemic birds that I'd never seen before. We even had time swimming and going to the spa for a deep soak with so much to do.

We loved going out for dinner with two birthdays that were celebrated. One was at a Steak and Seafood Restaurant which was really neat as it was Greek theme and also a 'Flame Tree' where I enjoyed the seafood - some pretty special memories were made here.

All in all, a very special time away from NZ but still had time to Zoom in with my class as I'll be back for weekend work with them with end of year and work to be handed in. Just so glad to have some time out with family enjoying ourselves together. Feeling specially blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment