Tuesday 7 November 2023

Pasifika ECE Leadership Award & Grand Ball 2023...

Last weekend after my Saturday work, I raced home to get quickly changed for an event that I was attending with my "glam team" (self titled) i.e. two elder daughters stopped me.

They sat me down and insisted that they would do my makeup and hair as well as choosing my outfit to wear. It was such a laugh but greatly appreciated as I would have just stepped out very quickly with minimum makeup and a plain dress.

However, with my "glam team" at work, I was out in under an hour smelling gorgeous and dressed the same with hair that looked like I'd just stepped out of a saloon. 

Definitely proud of my girls for taking the time to step it up for me and to allow me to enjoy the moment with them. It also helped as it had been a long day in class i.e. from 9am in the morning until 7.30pm at night with time for my students to get their assignments in before the close of the year.

I then raced off to the event where everyone was dressed up the nines and the awards ceremony was over. It was a Pasifika ECE (Early childhood Education) Leader Award & Grand Ball for 2023. The team leader and I received our certificates for leadership and with trophies promised along the way.

Will be the last ECE event that I'll be attending as now turning my attention to other places and spaces but it was still a grand night with dinner (yummy seafood), dessert and dancing. We both had a good time and then needed to return home to rest and get ready for the next morning's class. Never a dull moment!...

No comments:

Post a Comment