Monday 22 July 2024

A.R.T. sings Song on Radio with some Samoan lyrics...


I first heard this song on MaiFM (88.6 FM) a couple of months ago and thought to give it a shout-out as it's by a NZ (Pasifika) Girl Group called A.R.T. I don't know much about the group but I like their sound and harmonies.

Especially the Samoan lyrics too! it's great to hear my language belted out on a contemporary Māori Radio station which a lot of youth listen to but also normalizes other Pasifika languages as another indigenous language that's being spoken in Aotearoa, New Zealand.

I've also heard their other song W.T.F. (yes, you heard it right). I probably hasn't had much traction because of what the acronym stands for but I still like the harmonies. I just wish they could get a bigger budget to give them some stage presence as the video was shot in the recording studio.

All in all, a real fine effort and enjoying their sounds. I hope they continue to put out more music and neat music videos that will encourage and inspire other Pasifika musicians and singer/songwriters to give it a go as you never know what could happen if you put your dreams and goals into action!...

No comments:

Post a Comment