Monday 8 July 2024

Inside Out 2 movie review...

It was a blessing going on a family movie night last night with my children to watch "Inside Out 2". Interestingly enough, it was the eldest who had been anticipating it so we went along to see what it was all about.

I must confess that I hadn't watched the first one as I had caught bits 'n pieces when the kids were watching it but I really wasn't interested but when we made plans to go watch the second installment, I thought that it would be important for me to watch the first so that I could have a better understanding of the first.

I only got through half of it after watching it on "Disney+" before we had to head out to the movies. I found it interesting and thought they must have had to discuss the concepts through with psychologists etc. to make sure that they got it right.

However, upon watching the second movie, I must say that I thought that it was a bit OTT (over the top) with all the things happening with the main character and when I expressed that "I didn't get it" with my children they just laughed and said that it was all about puberty! (It's been decades since I went through for me :)

I then realised that I'd watched the older two go through puberty with varying results and was still going through it with the youngest so it was very interesting to listen to their perspectives of the movie. I'm just glad to not have to go through it myself as it was an interesting time, and dare I say, with more to come with my youngest teen...


No comments:

Post a Comment