Friday 19 July 2024

Watching "A Quiet Place: Day One"...


 I'm a bit of a movie buff and enjoy watching various genre of movies and as it's the last week of the holidays, I asked my youngest what movie she would like to watch with me and she suggested for us to watch "A Quiet Place: Day One".

Now, I've watched the first two movies in the "A Quiet Place" franchise and found it very interesting especially with Emily Blunt as the main actress and the family dynamics in having a character, who is deaf, in the movie.

It's not my usual genre of movie but the general story has elements of suspense and quite a thriller as well. I found in parts that the movie theatre patrons were painfully quiet as many enacted the expectations of keeping quiet whilst the enemy monster was lurking around in corners like the movie.

For this particular movie, it was interesting in viewing African actress Lupita Ngony'o play the main character in a mainstream franchise. She did it particularly well and her Joseph Quinn who played the supporting actor made it an interesting dynamic portraying feelings of fear, anxiety and having panic attacks.

I'd definitely recommend this movie if you're interested in suspense, aliens and thriller qualities. It's not a movie that I would particularly choose to watch for myself, but it did bring about some interesting and endearing qualities of a 'family-like' relationship in caring for each other i.e. the family of humanity against an alien threat. Definitely food for thought again...

No comments:

Post a Comment