Saturday 21 September 2019

Wedding planner, Wedding album pics and sweet memories...

In saying goodbye to the newlyweds: my brother, now sister-in-law their miracle son as they jet off back to Melbourne this evening, I decided to make up a quick wedding photo album to take their sweet memories with them i.e. a wedding planner's work is never really done.

So glad that they liked the pics and I had to counter with all manner of restraint to not scrapbook and decorate the album as I wanted to and funnily enough my younger bro still remembered my scrapbooking back in the day.

Call me a romantic, or a wedding planner enthusiast as I was asked about how we were able to plan our newly wed's wedding with all its elements in a manner of two days.

All I can say is that having had a year plus to plan my own wedding in Fiji and in having been in at least 8 weddings as an observant bridesmaid/flower girl (not including two that I had to say no to i.e. in tired of being told why I still wasn't married yet!) not to mention my supporting different friends and family along the way to help execute various parts of the wedding and my amazingly organised parents who always had us helping out at family functions, all I can say is that I've been trained well by them to know what to do and how to do it.

Although I must say that with this particular late minute wedding plan it took a better part of a miracle (thank you God!) to watch it unfold smoothly on the day and especially with the pouring rain the day before and the beautiful sunshine on the day, I mean there's gotta be someone up there watching over and smiling!

So why wouldn't I turn it into a business? because it would take away the joy and make it a chore. Even though I know that the real part of the marriage starts after the one-day wedding and honeymoon, knowing that the wedding day with all its elements begins a new chapter in the lives of two people who exchange loving vows before God (for Christian weddings) I know that it's a memorable day, a cornerstone in vows that are often remembered for a lifetime.

And I don't believe that people should be punished and made to think that they don't deserve a wedding and should 'tie the knot' so to speak at the Registry office where strangers get to watch you walk past them at a public office space because of some indiscretions of the past.

Weddings between two people who love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together also don't have to splurge out big time to fulfill the wishes of the masses with hundreds being invited as a courtesy to the extended family and friends especially when a loan has to be taken out to pay for the wedding by the newlyweds.

I love the idea of budget weddings where care is taken to ensure that the needs of the couple are taken into consideration and that all involved love and care absolutely and unconditionally for the marriage that takes place and the future that they build together.

Now I can put my feet up, relax and smile in knowing that sometimes you can make a positive difference in someone else's world and then encourage them to pass it on at the next opportunity and then to wait for the next wedding day that comes along (next weekend in Samoa) and then to celebrate along with them and share in the neverending joy of the greatest possession - being love ...




1 comment:


  1. Great Post! Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. Please keep sharing.

    Please visit restaurant bunbury"


    ReplyDelete