Tuesday 30 January 2024

Ice Skating in Summer...

 

Had a great long weekend (Auckland's Anniversary) and it started with trip with my three children to an Ice skating ring in the middle of summer!

It's fair to say that I was the bag watcher, book reader and enjoyed the lunch there with a hot dog combo that I'd not had in a long time.

It was neat to see them enjoying themselves as our youngest to getting ready to start her first year in high school at an inner city all girls school.

It'll definitely be a first for us as I have preferred co-ed schools which is a snap shot of the world around us. Funnily enough when I was at Uni, some peers assumed that I had attended a girls school like this one but it wasn't in my parents' wish list.

However, our youngest wanted to explore her options which lead her to starting tomorrow with a powhiri (Māori welcome ceremony) at the school for each new student and their whānau (family). So we'll be up early to get there with limited carparking and to wish her well in her new journey.

Therefore, the ice-skating was a way to break the ice before attending a new unfamiliar school and sharing good times with her Uni-bound elder siblings. Now with all of them based in Auckland city and out of our familiar suburbs.

A new year with new journeys. Wishing her well for 2024 and also all who read this blog. As I believe that the best is yet to come with my studies still continuing and hopefully ending by mid year. Definitely, never a dull moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment