Friday 26 January 2024

Happy Birthday to my lil' artist sis Maria...

 

This is a shout out to my lil' artist sis, Maria, who had her birthday this week. It's a little belated as I've been busy returning to work and juggling my usual hectic schedule but it was great to take time out with family to celebrate her birthday at a local family restaurant which made it real special with no dishes afterwards to clear.

I also wanted to showcase a real special art piece/s that she not only made for me but she also designed for four other women in my family including my mom and daughters.

In each of the pics that she made for us, she artisticly narrated symbols of what each of us meant for her and also wrote a letter that explained each of the symbols which was pretty special.

Some of the symbols that she has on mine include: Moana which is my fave Disney movie of all time, the peacock on top is symbolic of the tatoo on the hand of my late dad who was very important in my life, the paint brushes are of me enjoying painting and the tropical frangipani flowers are also a favourite of me and my mom.

She also added the central cross which is important for me as a Christian woman in my faith journey and the eagle for which she sees me as a leader in my family now with my late dad's passing the leadership onto me. The beautiful tropical sunset is another fave that I have and the compass of being able to support many in their life's journey as a teacher.

It's such a beautiful reminder to me of the artistic skills that she has as an incredible artist and I'm hoping to do more collaborative projects with her in illustrating more books as she's completed a few book covers for me in the past.

Here's wishing a Happy Birthday to my lil' sis', Maria, and wishing her the very best for a future that lies ahead. I know that her artistic skills are a gift and a talent that we have been blessed to have been privileged to receive these special personal artistic and symbolic narratives...

No comments:

Post a Comment