Tuesday 23 January 2024

"Wish" Disney's latest animated movie...


 Got to watch the movie "Wish" with my two elder children who had wanted to watch the latest Disney animated movie. I got there a bit late as I had ordered 3 bubble tea flavours that took a little longer than I anticipated but the taste was worth the delay.

I hadn't been quite sure what to expect as I had watched the official movie trailer and couldn't quite make out the storyline but I did find it interesting that it wasn't a movie that I could easily anticipate. The cast of characters were quite diverse from the onset and the main character I think was portrayed as African American by her hair.

No spoiler alerts except to say that it was a little different from the storylines that I have been accustomed to with Disney productions and perhaps that's why it hasn't featured as strongly as other previous movies like "Encanto", "Frozen" and "Moana" with songs that perhaps aren't as memorable too.

The protagonist character reminded me of a male "Maleficient" from the "Snow White" movie but didn't quite play out as well but again I must say that it was a very different ending which plays out differently from what we're accustomed to.

So I'll leave it there. A great time to spend with loved ones but not a movie that I could highly recommend except to say that it may not be quite what you would expect but sometimes that's a good thing as my entourage enjoyed it a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment