Tuesday 7 May 2024

Love and laughter amidst sadness and sorrow...

 

When I first heard this Tongan love song, I thought how beautiful the tune was and it was introduced to me by my eldest child who also liked it. However, when I watched the music video it had me laughing at how they portrayed the song (although I wasn't sure of the ending?)

It's been a sad day in attending a funeral of a neighbour who was a very special mother, daughter, wife, friend, church sister and educator. I attended the family service but because I was seated close to a lot of other people (very packed) I wasn't able to leave as early as I wanted and ended up staying from 6pm to 10pm.

However, it was a beautiful send-off and the testimonies and lifestories were moving. She had touched so many lives with her generousity and caring nature. Plus she had a sense of humour and her own unique personality.

I think I only met her once as she had been working at the Ministry of Education which I had formerly worked at. She seemed very personable and our dads knew each other in living across from each other. It was definitely a shock to know that she had passed away so suddenly.

So watching this video made me smile again and remember the fun things in life that are light-hearted yet still aware of the burden of sadness that the family are now carrying having met some of them today in visiting with them.

But in the short time that I was able to be there, it was indeed a privilege to have been able to share this special final night with her, her friends and family. It reminded me of losing my father and what we went through but thankful that they have our Heavenly Father to help and guide them along this life's journey in missing this special woman of God...

No comments:

Post a Comment