Saturday 27 July 2024

Dreams can come true...

This weekend, I spent it with my class and we had the privilege of having one of my former students be a guest speaker to talk about her journey.

From her initial studies (of two years with me) in the Cert. in Indigenous Studies, in 2017, then in the following year with the Cert. in Tikanga i.e. Te Kunenga o te Ao Tikanga, both level 4 programmes.

She then continued her studies with two other important papers before continuing in her studies in the Applied Masters in Indigenous Studies, of which she completed successfully and is now working on her Ph.D. studies.

It's such a blessing to have witnessed her journey and to have been there at the beginning of her journey at Te Wananga o Aotearoa, was a real privilege. So when she spoke to my students it was a true inspiration that dreams can come true with a love for God, a good work ethic, love and respect for parents and family, and caring for others.

I was especially touched as, like me, she looked after her older aged parents until their passing and it was a bittersweet sacrifice in spending time with them in their twilight years until they passed. Now she is working for an organization where she is able to support many others in her line of work. Yes, dreams can come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment