Wednesday 3 July 2024

Kirk Franklin - African American gospel artist...


 I came across Kirk Franklin and his inspiring gospel music that came through one of my Social media feeds. If you haven't heard of him then you were very similar to me in that he has an interesting soulful, R & B, Hip-hop fusion of African American Black gospel music.

It was really interesting to read up on him as he also has scored lots of attention in racking up so many gospel music awards in the US. I don't think we have anyone in NZ that equates to his up tempo style of music that incorporates dance as well.

You just have to watch him move, in dance, and you'll see what I mean. His dancing style reminds me of a cross between the late Michael Jackson, Prince, and James Brown who were all fantastic dancers and signature singers in their own right.

Why not check out this video clip which is an oldie but a goodie in the sense that this kicked off what was to become a living legend in the Black American gospel charts. However, his music purports to bring people together of diverse peoples and also point them to a living God!...

No comments:

Post a Comment