Sunday 28 July 2024

An article reminding of celebrating 10 years as a Pasifika writer in 2025...

 

I had an interesting surprise this morning when I was searching for information and came across an article, written in 2015, when I first started self-publishing my books almost 10 years ago (I've attached on the left) and can be found on: https://www.usp.ac.fj/library/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2021/05/PaCfika_Sept_2015.pdf

It was found on an online article for an online and physical newsletter called "Pasifika Libraries" Vol. 11, No. 3 which was associated with USP University of the South Pacific and published in Fiji.

It's such a timely article to read as next year I will be celebrating my 10th anniversary of being a self-published author and will be re-launching some former titles that have been sold out for a time as a fresh updated version for new readers.

It was especially touching as it was an article about the plays that I had written that had been performed at various South Auckland High schools that I had been associated with at the time.

It's hard to believe where the journey has taken me of being a Pasifika albeit Samoan NZ female writer especially in that I never thought it could be possible when I was a creative writer at High school. With my books in libraries and universities around the world (earlier blogging articles) it has simply been a blessing and a humbling experience.

Now I'm teaching / lecturing and supporting other adult students to write their indigenous stories through essays, presentations and critical reflections using APA Referencing (7th edition) ha ha ha. Yes, formal writings in order to gain their Post-Graduate qualifications in Bicultural Professional Supervision at our local Wānanga or Māori Indigenous Educational Institute for Higher learning (similar to a Community College or University).

I'm also considering to start coaching and developing some online courses for those overseas who might be interested in being supported in goal setting and particularly in achieving those goals. Over the years I've mentored many students and family members into achieving goals and reaching their (often hidden) potential.

Looking forward to the celebration next year for 10 years of publishing and beyond...

No comments:

Post a Comment