Monday 29 July 2024

Creativity in teaching and learning...

 

One of the things that I did do on the weekend noho (Māori word for stay or overnight stay) with my class was to attend a workshop using clay and modeling clay.

I had a lot of fun but decided to just take it easy and make some cute artistic art i.e. the letter "H" and a music clef symbol, a small worm-like creature and a footprint.

It's a great idea by a colleague of mine who also teaches the same course i.e. two classes. Having creative activities is definitely relaxing and a great de-stressor as well.

Definitely something that I didn't have as an option in my degrees albeit undergraduate or post-graduate. But with our classes, it has been a welcome relief. Having creative activities offers problem-solving scenarios too and measurement, decision making and satisfaction of finishing or something creating something unexpected...

No comments:

Post a Comment