Tuesday 24 September 2024

Just "Own it!"...

 

During the weekend noho (overnight stay) of two nights with my cohort of post grad' students, my colleague asked us all to pick a card from her pack of inspirational sayings and I picked "Own it".

This was quite fun because there's so much I've been through in the last few years that there's nothing left to do except to 'own it'. I interpret that as the way one talks, and walks, thinks and sings.

Your swagger (if that's how you rock) and they way you move your hips (if that's how you roll). It was just funny to pick out this card as I'm also there now in getting my thesis ready to roll out the door.

Sayings like this are encouraging because it reminds me that we don't have to be like everybody else but can be our authentic selves without having to compromise to be who anyone else wants you to be. 

I've gotta say that especially in reaching over 50s, it's my perogative to enjoy life without worrying about what anyone else thinks and encouraging women in similar situations to just enjoy the freedom of 'owning it!'. To be unapologetically me...

No comments:

Post a Comment