Saturday 7 September 2024

"Mini Challenge" changing lives...

 

Have you ever had an unexpected conversation that changed the trajectory of your life? That happened to me almost 10 years ago, on January 23rd, 2015. 

I had a conversation with a business mentor called Maria and it was my sister Maria's birthday. The conversation was only supposed to take a 30 minutes but a couple of hours later I walked out with a plan in my mind and determined to make my dream come true in throwing caution to the wind and self-publishing my first book.

It was a 'mini-challenge' but it had an astronomical effect on me and it cut through all of the years of self doubt and considerations that had held me back for years. In fact, it's hard to believe that I'm coming up to the 10th anniversary since self-publishing that first book.

I blogged about it, at the time, because three months later, I launched my first book of the bilingual picture book series called "Samoan Origins series". Now I've published 20 books in several genre of: bilingual picture books, poetry, short stories, plays, non-fiction and now I'm considering novels.

My first book sold out twice with the small print runs that I started and on its 10th Anniversary next year in March, I'm looking to re-launch it again using markers as the art medium. The book itself is the most popular in the series and its been distributed all over the world in University libraries and in local community libraries and with families too.

As I move into completing my thesis, I'm interested in moving into a new space in supporting and coaching other women of colour to throw caution to the wind and go for their dreams. If this sounds like you and you'd like to consider me as your coach then drop me an email for a free "discovery session" via a virtual meeting and we can go from there.

At this stage, I want to grow it organically and am not interested in putting out ads. I believe that if you've been reading my ad-free blog over time, you probably understand what I'm about and my interests in supporting people in my teaching, and with friends and family.

If you think this is for you? then email me on: helenftauau@gmail.com and we'll go from there. The graphic that this blog leads with is some artwork that I'm considering for the virtual coaching platform and I'm using with my maiden name in honouring my late father who was my first mentor and believed that I could achieve anything I put my mind to...

No comments:

Post a Comment