Sunday 30 August 2015

Girlz nite out to watch "War Room" movie by Kendrick Brothers

Went on a girlz nite out this weekend to watch the latest offering by the Kendrick brothers called "War Room". Had heard some positive reviews through Radio Rhema and thought to check it out myself as there are 4 days of screening at our local movie theatre and I suppose depending on attendance may continue or not.

At our particular screening it was pretty full and the funny thing about it was that there was clapping by the audience which I normally see at a kids movie but at this, there was a lot of interest in the subject matter.

I think even more interesting was that the main family was based on an African American family and the crises that they go through. I would definitely encourage this movie for couples to watch together but also for adolescents etc. as my children found it really interesting to view and it discussed a lot of issues that modern day families go through.

Another theme which was very important in the movie was the power of prayer or how we often don't tap into it enough. It also made me reflect on how prayer was such an important part of my life as a child growing up with my dad regularly encouraging us to come together as a family every evening. Something which he still does today both mornings and evenings with Grace in between.

It's definitely a movie I would recommend to all and a timely reminder to check in with the Man upstairs not only when things are going badly but even when things are going well...

No comments:

Post a Comment