Wednesday 5 August 2015

Writing retreat in Te Awamutu

So much to do and so little time... You may have heard this phrase before and this certainly applies to me as I have to go to Te Awamutu for 3 days on a work related task and certainly hate being away from my family but this needs to be done.

So will look at this as an opportunity in having my own writing retreat away from home to get some real mileage in my writing with a few plays ready to be published.

I must say that I have been a little spoiled as in the last 2 years, I was able to get away to Long Bay (Anglican Beach retreat) for a writing retreat that was also work related and I was able to write poetry in the first year with I then presented at a work Symposium and then last year I wrote a non-fiction piece about my job.

This time it's about releasing the plays out into the wild blue yonder and seeing what opportunities it brings. Have already been approached by Auckland Libraries with interest to purchase my books into the Pacific collection - Wee hee! Thank you God with interest coming from schools now to purchase for their library collections as well.

This is really exciting as 21 years ago when I first approached a major publisher about publishing my plays and a couple of places afterwards, they weren't really interested but now I feel that there is a critical mass and that I'm better able to tap into this niche market that often prints very little in the way of things Pasifika.

So, off the merry way I go.... to write and beyond...

No comments:

Post a Comment