Monday 26 December 2016

Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day...

Sharing one of my very favourite and contemplative Christmas songs this Christmas and a very Merry Christmas to all our friends in the Northern Hemisphere as we celebrate Boxing Day in the Southern Hemisphere. Christmas for my family was a very special occasion celebrated with family and even more so that we were able to spend time together with our loved ones.

For me, the Christmas spirit started on Christmas Eve in attending Carol singing at my parents home (here from Samoa) and we listened to my parents church'es Samoan youth 'Manuao" which I had attended for over 10 years growing up where we would all hop on a bus or even 2 and go around to different family houses and sing there and share the Christmas cheer until midnight when we would have a count down and then wish each other a merry Christmas before heading home tired but so happy at what we had accomplished.

Yesterday, on Christmas day I attended with our children at my birth church with my parents for the 9am Christmas service and singing carols before quickly racing over for our 10.30am Christmas service at our home church where they served cookies and milk and later Ice cream as a Christmas treat for families.

When then returned for Christmas lunch and dessert at my parents before visiting my 97 year old Granma with my parents and we sang Christmas carols and prayed together which was very special as she acknowledged that we hadn't thought that we would be sharing another Christmas together and here we were. A sure blessing and even blessed to have 4 generations together.

We then left and came back home to relax and later families members spent time at my husband's family too. It was such a special Christmas time and so blessed for having spent it together. Thank you God for these blessed times together...


No comments:

Post a Comment