Sunday 4 December 2016

With Christmas Day just around the corner...



Just Christmas day just around the corner thought to post up one of my favourite acapella singing artists, Peter Hollens. I think he's based in Oregon in the US which I visited several times in my youth when I travelled up and down the Pacific South West coast from California, through to Oregon and up to Washington State, i.e. Seattle and later to Vancouver in Canada. Those were the days and now looking forward to my family also travelling to the US as on our travel plans in the not too distant future, Lord willing.

In fact, my older two couldn't get over how big Oahu was and so unlike the Pacific Island nations that we had visited on Fiji, Samoa (Upolu and Savaii Islands) that Honolulu looked very much like a tropical version of Brisbane which is quite built up unlike the very tropical island nations that we are used to.

This particular song, I enjoy in how he uses only his voice as a musical instrument to convey the meaning and emotions of the song. Really neat and also reminds me of the reason for the season without having to preach about it. The funny thing is that in NZ, we enjoy a summer Christmas season in the Southern hemisphere and in the US and England it's a usually a white wintery Christmas. So very different in my jandals!

Will also be posting other favourite Christmas songs that I've loved over the years and especially in how in this post-modern age, how this generation puts a modern spin on these traditionally long loved Christmas carols and songs.

Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment