Tuesday 21 March 2017

Autumn is here...

Image result for autumn new zealand Hard to believe that summer is well and truly over, probably only had less than a month of true summer weather, and now we are into early autumn in the Southern Hemisphere whilst I see lots of Spring bunny weather in the Northern hemisphere.

The mornings are much darker at 6.30 am when it used to be bright and the nights are beginning to lengthen. Found myself closing the bedroom windows that once let the cool summer breeze in due to the wind beginning to cool at nights.

Even the clothes in department stores are turning wintry and I'm already missing the tropical summer breeze although I do hear the occasion cicadas singing their last summer songs when there is a bout of sun out.

So with daylight savings starting in a couple of weeks time, at least there is a saving grace in that we will be able to sleep in a hour longer. Going to also miss my folks as the fly out in the next couple of weeks to escape NZ's wintry blast that's set to start sometime soon and back to tropical Samoa.

And as some of my family look forward to winter with its rainy nights and sipping hot chocolate blanketed in a warm cosy duvet, I'll miss not having to wear the layers and balmy nights but I do look forward to that extra hour of sleep in that winter brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment