Sunday 4 June 2017

Bookstall at local markets...

Bookstall at local markets with Samoan business network
Yesterday, I was very busy with an early morning wake up to set up a bookstall with my middle child at our local markets at the Samoan business networks mini-expo. There were several stalls that included: selling Manu Samoa Tshirts which sold like hotcakes; a Real Estate agent; an Early Childhood Education awareness campaign; a Youth fundraising group; 2 banks; 1 Pacific loans group; SAAB: Samoan Bookshop and a Samoan music/CD outfit.

I'd like to thank the Samoan business network for this opportunity as it gives exposure to Samoan businesses and products to the general public but it also helps to profile entrepreneur enterprise in encouraging us to consider entering the business world and not to always work 'for the man' so to speak.

The neat thing was being able to talk to many people in being approached by members of the public who were genuinely interested in talking about the subject matter of the books and my research. One of the interesting comments that I received was the pride of knowing that we can write and produce books and not only Palagi.

Now considering my time and making a more regular appearance at the local markets to give an opportunity for people to discuss books and subject matter with me rather than through email queries. It's also important for me in sharing a lot of the knowledge that I've acquired, over the years, and not only in classrooms.

Definitely food for thought as there was a lot of interest in some of the old stories, research methodology and also views on being multicultural for indigenous and non-indigenous people groups. Watch the space...

No comments:

Post a Comment