Saturday 17 June 2017

Thanks SAAB for a neat book launch...

Today, was another blessing in having my latest book launch at SAAB Sei Oriana store in Mangere, Auckland.

In fact, we went 'live' on Facebook (thanks to my niece) in letting some of our friends and family also join in on the celebration for those who were overseas or wanted to join us but couldn't due to other obligations.

The launch started with a prayer by my father who will be returning back to Samoa next week for other important family occasions and then continued with my beloved, who was the MC and then I was given a chance to say a few thoughts about the book.

My friend Mele said a few words and then blessed our food and we ended with a celebratory cake and refreshments kindly supplied by SAAB. A big thanks go to Leitu (Managing Director) and Jody (Marketing Operations Manager) and neat staff who made the launch a very special one with their lovely smiles, a beautiful layout and with special finishing touches.

It was neat also to meet one family of an ex-pupil who had attended the high school when I was a teacher there many years ago and remembered me as a teacher there. It reminded me of the dream that I had had as a teacher in knowing that although I liked teaching, I knew that there was more to come and I thank the Lord for making dreams come true.

This is the 11th book to date and now my books and paintings are available to be bought from SAAB Sei Oriana, Auckland store, which is such a blessing, or you can contact me directly via email on: helentauaufilisi@gmail.com for further inquiries about upcoming books or questions etc.

The paintings are also available to be sold as sets or as individual 6" x 6" block i.e. acrylics on canvas with much more to come as am considering to publish a colouring book of the 'tala o le vavau' series due out in the next couple of months...

No comments:

Post a Comment