Sunday 18 June 2017

Paintings at SAAB...

My books and paintings at SAAB Sei Oriana, Mangere, Auck.
After my recent exhibition, I've been inspired to paint and have started painting 6" x 6" acrylic canvas boxes with Pasifika themes and colours.

It's another dream come true in the sense that although I loved to write in high school and reading books through primary school, art what what I particularly liked to do from a young age was to create different things i.e. be it origami or making a craft or colouring etc. using books that I'd get out from the library.

Now I have the freedom to not only write but to also paint whereas a few years ago, I was stuck with the idea that I needed to wait until I retired or won the lotto before I could get the time or the inclination to do so.

I'd encourage anyone who has a passion for the arts or a goal that has been put off for years to let go of fear or convention and to go for it as it's been so satisfying to do what I enjoy and it also helps to inspire my children and friends to do the same.

So no more excuses for me and doing what I enjoy and hope you can too...

No comments:

Post a Comment