Monday 17 July 2017

Painting the next book cover...

Just finished planning sketches for a book cover of a group contribution that is soon to be launched hopefully next month.

This will hopefully coincide with the National Poetry day of Friday the 25th of August as we have a few poets in the group and this gives them a chance to read their poetry to an audience.

Coordinating a group project is sometimes very difficult especially if some of the group do not use internet or are not very savvy or comfortable with smart phones, technology or social media communications.

It's so different to my own children who were brought up with computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones etc. at home or at school and feel confident to use as opposed to those of my generation who find it quite daunting and sometimes difficult to work these technological gadgets.

And so I find myself as a mediator between techno gadgets and seeing the usefulness of them but also how they can also be a hindrance in giving them too much attention and not so much to personal relationships and advancing forward in goals etc.

So although there are online graphics that I could possibly use for my artwork, I still prefer the freehand method of painting and starting with sketches using coloured pencils etc. Imagination and creative flair are gifts that are given to us that we need to enhance and not rely solely on computer generated graphics and that's why I will still continue to paint...

No comments:

Post a Comment