Wednesday 5 July 2017

Planning towards a healthy heart/lifestyle...

Today, I went for a cautionary checkup at our local Super Clinic which is only a 15-20 min drive away and it was neat to know that there is a facility that is close enough with plenty of free parking rather than having to go to the busy hospitals.

It was neat to see the cardiologist and be given a good bill of heart health as doctors need to sometime check on things that may not seem right at the time but it was also a good wakeup call not to take my health for granted.

Having come from a busy gym lifestyle in my 20s - early 30s in being single and career oriented everything changed once I got married and "I" became "we" and those times for doing things for myself weren't as pressing as they once were. I think most busy mums and working fulltime know what I mean in sacrificing for the greater good but it's also important to take care of our own health because as we know when we fall sick often things can fall apart.

So, I am very grateful for the reminder of how important good health is and it's time for me to take stock of what needs to be done to do well. I've seen research on TV that talks about "Blue Zones" where people live to 100 years old and it has a lot to do with a healthy diet, lifestyle and away from the city and keeping a good mental health balance.

And it's also about having a healthy spiritual life that acknowledges a greater good beyond ourselves and for me that's about the Christian faith that helps me to look beyond myself and to support others. Something definitely worth thinking and planning towards and I'm thankful and blessed for more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment