Friday 21 July 2017

Watching "Cars 3"....

 
Today, took my youngest to watch 'Cars 3' with trailer above. I must say that it wasn't quite what I was expecting in that it looks like it might be the last of the 'Cars' movie franchise which is quite sad as I enjoyed the first and the second movie wasn't too bad but this movie was a little different.

If you are wanting to watch the movie yourself then read no further but if you're open to my brief review then continue reading. The movie starts with Lightening McQueen realising that there are now new and faster cars in the racing circuit and that a lot of his contemporaries are either retiring or they're being told to retire and making way for the next generation.

Lightening McQueens has to come to terms with this as well as being sold to another company. This is where he meets a female trainer who had wanted to be a racer but didn't and to cut the story short he goes back into racing and takes her with him.

I think the disappointing part for me was that they took out his mentor and didn't actually say what happened to him but they did show some of his friends which didn't apmake a lot of sense as it would have been neat to know what happened to him.

I think the movie itself was okay and made one realise that in time we all have to 'hang up our boots' and let the next generation take over and the end is an unexpected one but it does give a little more closure to the movie franchise.

All in all, it was a good movie to watch but a lot different maybe than one would have initially expected...

No comments:

Post a Comment