Friday 1 September 2017

Spring has sprung!...

Spring is my favourite season of the year and pretty much every year, I look forward to when it's officially spring and then begin to expect more sunnier days and more warmer nights. I guess I can't help it being Pasifika but for some it's all about summer - for me summer's over rated. It's all about spring.

Back in the day, when I had a lot of time on my hands, I used to love gardening both indoors and outdoors. Mainly ornamental but every now and then I'd plant something that you can eat. I find gardening both therapeutic and creative in being able to be co-creating with God and spring is the season to get it going.

Nowadays, it's about creating and crafting stories or poetry that stretch a person's thinking and understanding to new places. I'm also blessed to live near enough to water so that every now and then I get to take my children out to the park or to a beach or water nearby. At my parents place in Samoa, it's right on the water and it has such a calming affect.

So roll on spring, I can't wait to see what this season brings and also what the end of year entails. In some places you only get to experience 2 seasons but for me it's sometimes 4 seasons in a day (with the exception of snow). Wow! so much to look forward to...


No comments:

Post a Comment